View Single Post
Old 08-01-2008, 11:17 AM   #17
IceHand
Linux User
IceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavensIceHand is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kindle 3
I'd recommend:
Stephenie Meyer's Twilight Saga (Twilight, New Moon, Eclipse, Breaking Dawn), which is a vampire romance series, very well written and hugely popular.

Libba Bray's Gemma Doyle trilogy (A Great and Terrible Beauty, Rebel Angels, The Sweet Far Thing). A fantasy series with a bit of romance set in a historical fantasy world around 1895 if I remember correctly. The books start of a little slow, but become very addicting later on.

"Enchantment" by Orson Scott Card. Mixes old russian fairytales with a fantasy world and our modern world. Very good, but not specifically directed at young adults, but appropriate none the less for a 15 year old.

Non-fantasy:
"Lock and Key" and "Just Listen" by Sarah Dessen. "Lock and Key" is about a girl who has been abandoned by her mother and starts to live with her older sister. Now she needs to learn to open up and trust other people again. "Just Listen" on the other hand describes the struggle of a girl who has been rejected by her friends at school. She meets a boy who's rumored to be a violent guy, but strangely he's listening to music all the time without talking to other people.

"How Not to Be Popular" and "Alpha Dog" by Jennifer Ziegler. Both books are more light-hearted than the other books I've recommended. Humorous and about believing in oneself.

"Skin Deep" by E. M. Crane. A girl who thinks of herself as ugly and boring meets a strange lady with a huge dog. As she gets to know them better she develops self-confidence.

Everything I recommended is available in e-book form.
IceHand is offline   Reply With Quote