View Single Post
Old 10-05-2012, 08:45 PM   #195
trevormorse
Enthusiast
trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.trevormorse knows what is on the back of the AURYN.

Device: Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by XrXca View Post
Should have "knocked on wood"
Reading a side loaded book on the glo last night and every 10 to 15 pages it was locking up, had to hold the power button till the light went out then turn it back on and each time I lost the position.

I find myself wondering if it has something to do with being charged, as at the time it was plugged in to charge, I'd read the first 2/3rds of the book with no lockups then ran out of power, after plugging in I starting getting the regular lockups and after about the fifth one I gave up for the night and went and watched the DVR'd first two episodes of Elementary (not bad).

This afternoon with it fully charged and unplugged I went back to about the point where I started having issues, and have now finished the book with no lockups at all, so tough to blame the epub.

Could using a "too powerful" charger cause this? We have the charger that came with the vox in a convenient location in the bedroom and that was what I plugged into, I know the vox wont charge properly with any of our chargers except that one, but could it cause issues with the glo?
Interesting, the only time I experienced a lock-up or spontaneous reboot was while I was plugged in to power. In my case it was an old kindle keyboard charger we had lying around.

You may be on to something there...
trevormorse is offline   Reply With Quote