Thread: Iriver Story
View Single Post
Old 11-02-2010, 08:02 AM   #159
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Greenapple, I can feel myself going the same way. BUT ...

The dilemma for me is that I don't want to buy into Amazon's self-serving marketing gimmick, even if it is a nice bit of kit. I'm disappointed that it doesn't support ePub, and presumably never will. I'm showing my ignorance, but can it even play non-DRM files? I'd be grateful if you'd let me know.

I'm not sure if the Sony interests me. It's probably heretical to a lot of people, but I'm not a fan of Sony generally, and I don't think I want a touchscreen. On the ones I've seen the text is too easily obscured by either reflections or fingerprints - or both, though the ability to enable and use hyperlinks (on ToCs and Indices, for instance) does sound appealing.

I've played with an iPad and that was all sorts of cool, but it's insane to buy one just to read books, as one of my friends has. And while the screen was pretty at first, it was far worse than the Sonys for both glare and reflections/fingerprints.

It seems to me the technology still has a fair way to go.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote