Thread: Iriver Story
View Single Post
Old 08-05-2010, 11:24 PM   #151
MacEachaidh
Browser
MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MacEachaidh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by melmike View Post
I'm glad you are so pro-active and vocal here MacEachaidh as you help me keep informed!
Well, thanks for saying that, melmike. A couple of people have made it apparent they think I'm a pain in the arse. I can see why someone might think that, but it's not how I intend to come across. And it appears they're not actually using the features that aren't living up to iRiver's claims, so it's probably easy to criticise. If they put some energy into giving customer feedback to iRiver, rather than criticising me, we might have a better overall outcome.

Meantime, I'm trying to get info from iRiver about whether it's going to release the updated firmware for general use. I haven't had a reply from them so far. There's no mention of the new release on the iRiver blog (http://iriverstory.blogspot.com), which seems to be putting its efforts into getting people to follow it on Twitter, but to my mind doesn't seem to be making best use of its opportunities. But I'm not about to give up.

Sorry to hear your Story didn't cope as well as you'd hoped at the beach, melmike. I know you were looking forward to it. I haven't had a problem with the display to that degree, but then I haven't taken it anywhere with sunlight so glaring as an Aussie beach.
MacEachaidh is offline   Reply With Quote