View Single Post
Old 04-22-2008, 06:45 AM   #23
nrapallo
GuteBook/Mobi2IMP Creator
nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nrapallo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: REB1200 EBW1150 Device: T1 NSTG iLiad_v2 NC Device: Asus_TF Next1 WPDN
Quote:
Originally Posted by donovand View Post
Thanks for the link to the Dev Hub. I posted a ticket about the "debug" feature not working properly.
The 'debug' feature was 'fixed' in the latest release so that if PDFRead 'sees' the existence of a file named 'debug' in the current directory of the GUI (defaults to 'C:\Program files\PDFRead') or inside its subdirectory 'bin', then it leaves the resulting files used to create the selected ebook format. It does not 'retain' the intermediary files used throughtout the conversion process i.e page*.*. BTW, if you're quick enough you can open the temporary folder assigned and copy the intermediary files elsewhere, prior to the end of the conversion.

Quote:
I had the same problem with 1.8 that I had with 1.7, namely that pdfread was generating empty .lrf files. I tracked it down to an outdated libpng. pngnq wasn't working (silently dying while running inside the python script) and therefore the "page.png" files were not being downsampled and moved to N.png files. I would suggest adding some error checking code there (in the downsample function of the BaseOutput class) instead of relying on the existence of page-nq8.png implicitly like that.

FYI an .dmg installer for a libpng that works is here
Thanks for your bug-tracking services . Is your fix related to the Windows side or the Mac side? The link provided appears to indicate Mac side, but I will see if I can incorporate the newer version anyway. I mean, if it doesn't break something else...

Quote:
Sorry for the confusion regarding "fork"... I meant a fork of the source code (i.e. you are taking over an abandoned or otherwise unsupported project) as opposed to multi-threading. But you answered my question anyway.
While I have had some sporadic contact with the original developer, I am pretty much 'going-it-alone'. BTW, thanks for your comments and insights.
nrapallo is offline   Reply With Quote