View Single Post
Old 05-07-2011, 04:45 PM   #1
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
GetBooks announcements

Moderator Notice
This thread is a place for GetBooks plugin developers to make announcements about stores they support, and for users to make queries about existing stores and request new stores.

The stores offered by calibre great new 'get books' feature developed by user_none are for obvious reasons US-centric -- that is where he lives. He has given me permission to add UK bookstore sites to the list. I can also add other EU stores if I can figure out how to integrate them (I speak English & French, and a very small amount of German). Because the integration takes time and effort, my first priority is bookstore sites that have an affiliate program. I have already done Amazon UK, Amazon DE, Foyles UK, and Waterstones UK. I am actively working on Beam Ebooks in Germany.

My question: what stores in the EU do calibre users want to see integrated?

Notes:
- For those who might suggest WH Smith in the UK: they seemingly have actively decided not to be a part of calibre's store. I have tried three times to contact them, once with a negative response and twice with no response.
- I am considering Penguin UK, but won't bother if that store is of little interest.
- FNAC France is a possibility if enough users are interested.
- Amazon.fr does not offer ebooks, so there isn't any point.
- My Italian is terrible, so I have no idea if Amazon.it is a possibility.
- My ignorance about other ebook outlets throughout Europe is enormous.
- I am not interested in integrating sites that pirate books.

Last edited by chaley; 07-27-2011 at 03:32 AM.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote