View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 03:18 PM   #70
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, iPad 9.7, iPad 10.5, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
To be clear, once I had a DRM-free ePub, I opened it with Sigil and extracted the images to create a CBZ file. That worked with every graphic novel I purchased from B&N (nine, I think?).
Lol, ComicGlass doesn't actually support ePub so if it hadn't been for the thumbnails in Nook books, I could've just renamed the .epub to .zip or .cbz and go my merry way. I do this for Kobo manga.

Checking my Nook cbz folder, I had purchased almost 800 Nook manga at $4-6 a pop. That money's going to Amazon and Kobo now.

Quote:
Do they use some format other than ePub for manga? Mine were all western comics, so maybe they do. The ways of B&N are very mysterious.
They use ePub.

Honestly, I don't know why manga is treated differently. The normal books I downloaded via the Windows 10 app worked fine with Alf. It's just the manga that was missing the keys. At the time, the Android app still worked without jumping through hoops so I went that route.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote