View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 10:31 PM   #66
haertig
Wizard
haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.haertig ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW3, Fire HD8 Gen7, Moto G7, Sansa Clip v2, Ruizu X26
For you folks that have lost the ability to download your Nook books, do you still have your Nook (and is it still registered?) If so, you can try this:

Put an SD card into your Nook. You can then download your books from B&N onto your Nook - be sure to configure things so they go to the SD card, not the built-in Nook memory. I don't remember specifically how to configure this since it's been so many year since I used a Nook, but I know it is (or was) doable. Once the books are downloaded onto the Nook's SD card, remove the SD card, put it into a card reader, then plug that into your computers USB port. You should now be able to access the books on the SD card and copy them you your computer. Note that if you do not pull the SD card out of the Nook and attempt to access it by plugging the Nook itself into your computer, you won't be able to access the books. The SD card must be out of the Nook.

I did these steps years ago to get my Nook books after B&N cut off easy access to them. After I got them to my computer, into Calibre they went to be DeDRM'ed by the plugin and then converted to AZW3 format for use on a Kindle. I haven't used the Nook since. B&N took themselves out of the picture for me when they tried to lock me out. Bad move B&N, but it was your choice and you now have to deal with the repercussions (I abandoned you, and I'm sure others did as well).

I don't know if the above steps will still work, but they did for me, a few years ago.
haertig is offline   Reply With Quote