View Single Post
Old 04-17-2013, 08:47 AM   #36
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by cromag View Post
SHHHHH!!!!

Back in the mid-90s one of the public radio stations in New York City concentrated on children's programming during the day. It was a 30 minute drive to my daughter's pre-school (she was 4 that year) and I timed it so I'd be picking her up as a story program (usually one of the Rabbit Ears productions) was starting. The story would just be finishing up when we got to the driveway.

I had two reasons. First, I believed (and still do) that having her listen to a story was a good use of her time, good for developing focus and logic, etc. Second, when she was 4 years old she was a "talker." Having her listen to stories was good for my concentration while I drove!

Other favorite audio story series included the Kinetic City Super Crew (a science series), Growler Radio, and stories by Jim Weiss.

The radio station changed its format a couple of years later, but those were the golden years!
Sounds cool. It's a shame the demand isn't there to support more OTR programming on AM/FM stations. We have one AM station here in Seattle that has 9 hours of weekly programming. Wish it had more so I wouldn't have to rely on a net connection.

Here's a list of children's shows available from TuneIn Radio.
tubemonkey is online now   Reply With Quote