View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 02:03 AM   #85
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
@mellowtrouble - please read the posts above. As I said in #81, devices such as the kindle do not have any ability to understand a reading order. So there is nowhere on the device you can see this, you can only view the order in calibre.

Clearing the list allows it to function the same as book sync of allowing you to build a list of books that you want to add to your device. While the plugin might be called Reading List, lists can be for other purposes including this one. In a future version I will add the ability for the sync to only send books from a list that are not on the device, in which case a list that is representing both books on your device and an order to read them makes sense rather than separate lists like some do now.

I am trying to think of ways the device can have the list on it. Renaming files or titles plugboard style is both messy and causes problems as books get moved on the list order etc. So not going down that route.

What I could perhaps do instead is produce a special book for your device like the Catalog feature of Calibre does. Every time a Reading List (one that is not cleared each time) is syced to your device, it could regenerate a special book in your library whose content contained a list of your books, and add that to your list of books sent to the device. That would give you something that you could then open on your device away from Calibre.

What do people think, is it worth the effort etc.
kiwidude is online now   Reply With Quote