View Single Post
Old 11-07-2012, 08:27 AM   #11
hawhill
Wizard
hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hawhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Mini
Having worked in technical support, I can tell you that the "reps" (which aren't "reps" at all, they are typically not even connected to the company they provide support for!) will develop their own view of it all, too. Like end-users in a forum, these people also will come into contact mainly with users of defective devices, so they will have a different empirical perception, too. Plus, it's easier to just tell "well, it seems we have had (!) a bigger problem there, should be gone now, let me send you another device, please" that discussing for 15 minutes whether there's a problem, on what scale it might be and so forth. You just have to put the price of a Kindle in relation to the work cost of the support people to realize that they are not paid for technical discussions, or even any kind of discussions, actually. (My experience was that it's always good to excuse for every problem the customer comes up with. It gives them a warmer feeling and they will lose interest in bickering all the time. Ah, tech support in a call center, what a horrible job that was...)
hawhill is offline   Reply With Quote