View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #9
ddave7
ddave7 is often consulted by the I Ching.ddave7 is often consulted by the I Ching.ddave7 is often consulted by the I Ching.ddave7 is often consulted by the I Ching.ddave7 is often consulted by the I Ching.ddave7 is often consulted by the I Ching.ddave7 is often consulted by the I Ching.ddave7 is often consulted by the I Ching.ddave7 is often consulted by the I Ching.ddave7 is often consulted by the I Ching.ddave7 is often consulted by the I Ching.

Device: Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmf2 View Post
\

Problem with that is Amazon considers the screen coloration as a defect and has stated to others here via CS that they are working on a solution. Saying its a small minority is based on what, actual data from Amazon, what percent? Please enlighten to any info you have. I think stating its a "small minority" is understating the problem but that's my opinion. I bet Amazon wishes it was a small minority.

I do not believe the Product people within Amazon have acknowledged a defect. Undocumented conversations with CS can tend to be somewhat inaccurate (think the telephone party game).

You know, forums are a bad place to collect statistical data. They are self selected groups of enthusaists, with no statistical relationship to the overall user base of customers.

A few bad reviews, and the same issue getting recirculated by small groups on a forum give the impression of huge problems, when in reality the vast majoity of the customer population goes on in ignorance of user forums even existing.

Why would anyone who is happy with their new PW actively try to find a forum to express their satisfaction. They simply enjoy their new device. It is the unhappy users who actively seek out a platform to express their displeasure.

If you go back to any new release of a product you will always find the forums are full of small groups of users complaining about the new product. This goes beyond Kindles and applies to virtually any new product with a forum to discuss that product.

I don't have any secret internal return numbers, but if Amazon was receiving an excessive number of returns they would have issued an internal stop ship order. It would not make business sense not to, and heads would be rolling if bad product continued to go out the door to only worsen the situation. The fact that they continue to ship PWs, and there is a backorder, points to a healthy percentage of satisfied users.

The original point I was trying to make, and what the referenced article discusses, is that there are going to be some people who will never bond with the display technology on the PW.
ddave7 is offline   Reply With Quote