View Single Post
Old 11-06-2012, 02:46 PM   #5
ddave7
ddave7 is often consulted by the I Ching.ddave7 is often consulted by the I Ching.ddave7 is often consulted by the I Ching.ddave7 is often consulted by the I Ching.ddave7 is often consulted by the I Ching.ddave7 is often consulted by the I Ching.ddave7 is often consulted by the I Ching.ddave7 is often consulted by the I Ching.ddave7 is often consulted by the I Ching.ddave7 is often consulted by the I Ching.ddave7 is often consulted by the I Ching.

Device: Kobo Touch
The key is what constitutes acceptable for "you". Your visual acuity and color perception is specific to you, no one is exactly the same as you. Because of the different lighting technologies used, another person could find the PW perfectly acceptable and the Nook Glowlight and Kobo Glo unacceptable.

The point is if you are not happy with the way the PW looks you will never be happy with it. No matter how many calls you may make to CS, no matter how many replacements they may send you. The underlying technology simply just does not match up to your eyes and how they specificaly perceive lighting and color.

My personal opinion is that all of those reflectors on the nano imprinted layer are acting like thousands of prisims, refracting light and creating colors. Personally, those colors don't bother me, but that doesn't mean that they don't drive other people crazy.

Unfortunatley, until Amazon changes the underlying technology for lighting screens, some people will just never find it acceptable.

Last edited by ddave7; 11-06-2012 at 02:55 PM.
ddave7 is offline   Reply With Quote