View Single Post
Old 01-06-2013, 12:13 PM   #1
beluga
beluga began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Touch, Kindle 3
Question Kobo from Indie Bookstore - New Account a Must?

I had tried earlier Kobos and felt underwhelmed by hardware and software, but I thought I give the Kobo Glo a try because I like the idea of an e-book source that offers an alternative to a single dominant supplier.

Could someone give me a definite answer to the question whether a Kobo bought from an ABA Indie bookseller (Books Inc in the Bay Area) will require a new account?

I bought my various Kobos from Borders and in Canada and have absolutely no problem letting Indie booksellers have a cut of the action.
In fact, it may be a small way to ensure that they survive, which is good.

But as I spend most of my time overseas (hence Nook would be a non-starter), I would rather avoid having to establish a new Kobo account just to load books on a new Kobo Glo and can image all sort of synchronization problems between two Kobo accounts and my other (iPad, MacBook, iPhone, Kobo Touch) readers.

Powells in Portland, OR don't mention anything, but Books Inc in the Bay Area do. I am happy to let Books Inc keep part of the proceeds from e-book sales as long as it does not involve any hassles, but a new Kobo account would be rather inconvenient.

So would anyone know for sure whether a new account is a must?

You input is much appreciated....

B.
beluga is offline   Reply With Quote