View Single Post
Old 12-03-2012, 08:14 PM   #13
SteveEisenberg
Grand Sorcerer
SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SteveEisenberg ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Kids Edition, Fire HD 10 (11th generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuckieTigger View Post
^ Ok, I rephrase then. It does not sound like sustainable for long, especially offering free service.
Back in the dial-up era (and some folks are still there) I used free services from NetZero and KMart. Both are still in business, and NetZero is still in that business. Was it frustrating to use? Yes. Did I give in and buy their premium services? No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZImmortal View Post
The low activity fee is $0.99 per month (not $1.99) and it's reasonable considering they probably have to pay for the upkeep of an account even if it's dormant
If I used it, it would be in near-text-only modes, and I'm thinking I wouldn't necessarily get to 5 million bytes a month. Maybe I could schedule sending War and Peace to my @free.kindle.com address, once a month, just to be sure of hitting the minimum.

Free isn't a scam, but there's usually some work involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiXSendai View Post
My Freedompop device works fine with my Paperwhite.
What do you use it for, and how much data traffic does that generate?
SteveEisenberg is offline   Reply With Quote