View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 09:47 PM   #19
qlob
Official Lurker
qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.qlob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3.4
@ixtab: I'm not really sure about the text interface, seems like it would be too much of a shock for noobs, although I do agree that it should fit on a CD.

suse studio reports that the image is 1.6GB uncompressed, so I may need to trim the fat. susestudio can automagically build USB, DVD, CD (if size allows) isos and even VM images if needed.

It was 32bit from the beginning. I'm not sure about Mac, I don't really have one I could test it on...

As for the update mechanism,I believe that Opensuse uses yum, so a repo could be maintained... Since there's extra space on my "debricking links" OpenShift cartridge, I could put it there...

Maybe susestudio isn't the way to go If we want more control over the contents of the image and removing the chaff...

@{ixtab, geekmaster} Thanks for the Karma!
qlob is offline   Reply With Quote