Thread: No Nook
View Single Post
Old 02-18-2012, 08:29 PM   #9
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilaryfrompa View Post
Dian, Obsessed2, and Glow--

Thanks for your input. I had just deleted Calibre from my PC because I thought that having too many e-readers was redundant. I don't really get what it is about Calibre that is "more than" an e-reader, but I will make it my business to find out.

The funny thing is that I downloaded the same book Obsessed2 downloaded--I love good quotations. But it's not in my PE's Library. I am using pablob's (rooted?) Ermine.

Glow brings up a good point. Possibly Nook for Android has updates. I know that when I was away from the PE for over a week, and then came back, Moonreader was updated and now works like a charm. (Then there was Lorenz' indispensable reminder on another thread that "Public" is the only folder that retains EPUB files, for, I imagine, Moonreader or any other android reader on the PE.)

Well, thanks everybody. I will continue to work at this. In the meantime, if anyone has managed to get Skype up and running... I'm always ready to hear from you. Using PE as a cell phone would take me back to the days when brick phones were cool... Just remember, next year is the twentieth anniversary of the X Files...and phones as large as Rhode Island.

I'm running stock Ermine 2.2 on my EE and PE. Maybe someone running pablob Ermine RC3 can check and see if Nook works on their PE. I doubt this is the problem but the only way to know for sure is for someone else with RC3 to verify the B&N Nook App is working on their PE.

With the Nook App open, try archiving a book online and then moving it back to Active Items and resync / refresh the Nook App on the PE and see if that helps.

You can also try downloading the new Nook App. It just doesn't make sense that your PC version of Nook is syncing up and the PE version isn't. Downloading the new App will force you to re-enter your account information and then the App syncs to your online account so maybe this will make a difference.

The latest version of Nook is 3.0.1.3 and can be downloaded here:

http://slideme.org/application/b-n-nook

I just downloaded it to my EE and it synced up fine with my online Nook library.

Last edited by obsessed2; 02-19-2012 at 09:48 AM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote