View Single Post
Old 05-05-2011, 12:21 PM   #155
jackie_w
Grand Sorcerer
jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jackie_w ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo: KA1, ClaraHD, Forma, Libra2, Clara2E. PocketBook: TouchHD3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ldolse View Post
@JackieW, part of the thinking behind this is to address a feature request that you opened a while back, your 'epub conversion lite' idea:
http://oldbugs.calibre-ebook.com/ticket/8252

The idea is to be able to automatically do any individual function that Calibre's conversion pipeline allows while avoiding doing a 'full' conversion. This isn't really possible with any other ebook formats, but since epub is zipped OEB and OEB is Calibre's intermediate format for all conversions it's an option in this case.
Excellent! I've been trying out some of my own beginners Python code to tackle some of these myself, as I wasn't sure my request would ever make it to the top of anyone's list. I don't think my code would be robust/generic enough to release to the public but it's been fun trying. I cobbled together an xgpt tweaker, a css tweaker and an embedded font stripper. I even managed an epub to html utility, then a week later user_none brought out the official convert to HTMLZ format. Still I guess no experience is wasted

I look forward to whatever you come up with. I'm sure it will be better than anything I write.
jackie_w is offline   Reply With Quote