View Single Post
Old 04-20-2011, 12:32 AM   #93
J.C.
Addict
J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.J.C. could sell banana peel slippers to a Deveel.

Device: ONYX BOOX Note Air3 C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yar-PocketBooker View Post
Maybe I missed something here - why don't you guys just simply register? The nagging will go.
As a matter of principle, this isn't some piece of shareware that should have limited functionality and nag us constantly, we bought our devices we should be able to opt out.

My reasons are:

A) I didn't want to be forced or pressured into it.
B) I still can't use my device online because the ppp connection script can't be edited forcing me to either buy a Wi-Fi router or a cell phone data package I can't afford.
C) It clearly says we should register to receive support and frankly I'm not that impressed with the level of that support.
D) Until just recently they couldn't even be bothered to fully translate the website and it and most other pocketbook website are still under-par in that department.
E) Its clearly a ploy to have a captive audience for the book store since the registration isn't separate.

I personally caved in on the registration front since i saw some progress on the site translation, still you wouldn't find me using the store before a great deal of changes in attitude, we non Russian speaking pocketbook customers feel ignored enough.
J.C. is offline   Reply With Quote