View Single Post
Old 07-31-2010, 10:38 PM   #30
chazcop
chazcop began at the beginning.

Device: Nook (Wifi only)
I was in B&N's large Lincoln Center (Manhattan) store today & approached the 3 workers in the "Nook Nook" why I should buy it instead of the Kindle 3.

They actually said they didn't know. I had to mention that the 3 is supposedly faster, smaller, double the memory, much improved screen etc. Then 1 guy said we'll weait til it comes out. Goodness! They have a month in which to sell their WiFi version ($150 new last month) with no Kindle...you'd think they'd be up to convincing me already. There are some good reasons to still choose Nook...but why do I know that & they don't?

Several hours later (I was in the cafe) I DID go down to buy it. This time there was 1 person in the nook & I waited 20 min. while he did a sales spiel/demo with an older couple. I just bought it...asked no further Q's but did see a stack of folders behind the desk: The top 1 said Nook vs Kindle 2.
Time for Nook vs Kindle 3!

mINE IS CHARGING NOW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abookreader View Post
That is an awful lot of store space that won't be selling books. When you look at the store ... the audio section, the cafe, then all the non-book products like the lotions and candles etc, then 1000sq to nook displays (and oh please could they actually work on training the employees?)

Somewhere along the line they are going to reach one of those infamous Tipping Points where the % of their store that is actually stocking printed books will be the minority.
chazcop is offline   Reply With Quote