View Single Post
Old 10-20-2013, 01:13 AM   #4
caleb72
Indie Advocate
caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.caleb72 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
I would like to put forward The Gospel According to Jesus Christ by José Saramago. I will be happy to endorse any nomination for this Noble Prize winning author. I've chosen this one because I have a particular interest in fictional portrayals of key religious figures and I enjoyed Saramago's Cain.

Excerpt from The Collected Novels (Omnibus of Saramago's works):
Quote:
A deft psychological portrait of a savior who is at once the Son of God and a young man of this earth.
From Goodreads:
Quote:
This is a skeptic' s journey into the meaning of God and of human existence. At once an ironic rendering of the life of Christ and a beautiful novel, Saramago' s tale has sparked intense discussion about the meaning of Christianity and the Church as an institution.
From Wikipedia:
Quote:
The Gospel According to Jesus Christ (original title: O Evangelho Segundo Jesus Cristo, 1991) is a novel by the Portuguese author José Saramago. A fictional re-telling of Jesus Christ's life, it depicts him as a flawed, humanised character with passions and doubts. The novel garnered controversy with some critics, especially among the Roman Catholic church, accusing Saramago of possessing a "substantially anti-religious vision"., and The Wall Street Journal's columnist Stephen Schwartz, accusing him of being one of the "fanatical pope baiters". It was also praised by other critics as a "deeply philosophical, provocative and compelling work".
Amazon (US): LINK
Amazon (UK): LINK
Amazon (CA): LINK
B&N (US): LINK
Kobo (I think this is AUS): LINK or LINK
Google Play (AUS): LINK or LINK

There is some availability in Overdrive in Canada and the US although it's not as extensive as I would have liked. People who are able to loan ebooks through Amazon in the US might find availability also. Again, not as broadly as I would have liked.
caleb72 is offline   Reply With Quote