View Single Post
Old 08-22-2013, 02:34 PM   #41
cortman
Zealot
cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cortman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kindle 3 3g, Nook HD+, Nexus 4 (Mantano)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pynch View Post
Of course there are differences in accessibility, but they are all considered “classics”, and while other modernist writers such as Joyce and Faulkner were mentioned here, she was strangely omitted. It is of course entirely possible that the reasons for that are circumstantial, but I seem to remember that it happened on MR before, and maybe the appreciation for her writings is different here from what I’m used to (in Germany, when talking about important early 20th century writers, you will almost always hear the names Joyce and Woolf).
Interesting, among those I associate with Woolf is virtually ignored (I've no idea if that's justified or not, as I have been inadvertently ignoring her works as well :), and any comment on Joyce is usually just about the ironclad impenetrability of most of his writings...
cortman is offline   Reply With Quote