View Single Post
Old 02-04-2013, 09:48 AM   #24
gmw
cacoethes scribendi
gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.gmw ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One & H2Ov2, Sony PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by frahse View Post
What does "don't care" really and I mean really, really mean for a reader, for a writer?
Read some of the posts on the thread that JSWolf started. Several in there stated that it made no difference to them, that they'd have to back and check to see how previous books were formatted, they hadn't even noticed*. That, to my way of thinking, is "don't care" for readers.

If such people were to write a book they might not even think about whether to justify or not - and so would end up with whatever defaults were applied in the software they used. That is (at least one version of) "don't care" for writers.

* I must add a qualifier here. Just because a person doesn't notice something doesn't always mean they don't care. If they've never see the version they didn't like they may never have had reason to know whether they care or not.
gmw is offline   Reply With Quote