View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 04:00 PM   #1
BeccaPrice
Wizard
BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BeccaPrice ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 350, K3-3G, K4SO, KPW
some Nook questions

I'm thinking about getting a Nook Color or maybe the Tablet - while I tend to be an Amazon girl, I don't think the Fire is ready for prime time just yet, and the Nook's specs are better. Too, Nooks just look more "finished" than other ereaders do.

I do have some questions about the Nooks in general.

I have heard that you need to have an active credit card on file with B&N, or your Nook is basically a brick - is this true? Can you get a B&N gift card and use that instead?

I've also heard that Nooks treat "books" (purchased from B&N) differently than "documents" (books purchased from someplace else, like Baen). How does that difference manifest?

My third question is about the sequestering of memory. I buy very few books from places like B&N or Amazon, and get more from places like Baen and Smashwords. I've heard that you can ask at a B&N store to change the memory partition - has anybody actually done this?

Thanks!
BeccaPrice is offline   Reply With Quote