View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 10:53 PM   #7
coplate
Guru
coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.coplate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: prs-505, Kindle Keyboard 3g, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Hmm...
A 'model locked' package locked to only work on all possible models.
Tricky.

It was nice of Amazon/Lab126 to unify firmware builds across all touch screen devices.
We can (you just did) do the same for our add-ins. (I don't think Amazon/Lab126 intended to simplify our support efforts.)

I suppose at some later time, we can re-package all of the "essentials" in NiLuJe's snapshots.
They only need to be re-wrapped, none of them have "bit rotted" (yet).

But I guess I need to put recovering a 'factory firmware' for the PW3-32G a little higher on my to do list.
(I am still "wasting" my free time repairing the damage done to my car in an accident last February.)

My idea for the pw32Gb has a problem, I get an error "tar format error", so my repackaging didnt work right. I am still going to work on it, I think it was just form using 7-zip on windows to re-tar the files I needed.
coplate is offline   Reply With Quote