View Single Post
Old 11-02-2016, 12:36 PM   #5
brucelee
Addict
brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.brucelee can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kobo Aura One
I've sent an email to the PB customer support. Hopefully they'll come up with a solution.
Quote:
Hello,

I have my Touch Lux 3 since July 2015 and I never had any issues with it until a couple of days ago.
The thing is that the device went out of battery over night and since then I can't change anything in the internal memory.
I've tried formatting, factory reset, upgrading firmware, formatting with an Ubuntu PC. Nothing happened.
If I connect the device to the PC, create a folder, safely remove the device and reconnect it to the PC the folder disappears. If I remove something from the device library app and reboot the device it shows up again.
It seems that whatever I do I can't bring any change to the internal memory. Settings, books, other files... Everything is read-only.

I also had quite a few models prior to upgrading to Touch Lux 3 (515, 624, 626-TL2) and I didn't encounter this issue.
I also have a memory card which seems to be writeable. I've tried removing the memory card before doing all the formatting and resetting stuff but with no luck.

The device wasn't dropped, wetted or anything like that. I have a cover case for it and I'm quite careful with it.

This issue seems to have happened to someone else too: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=278728

Is there anything I can do about it?
brucelee is offline   Reply With Quote