View Single Post
Old 12-19-2011, 07:10 PM   #15
kevn57
Connoisseur
kevn57 began at the beginning.

Device: Moonreader+
Quote:
Originally Posted by RAH View Post
Glad I could help. Sounds like you have a "good" one, so hopefully it will stay well-behaved.

When you have a "bad" one, you'll know it after using it awhile. On the one I have, when I recharge it from say less than 30% up to 100%, overnight it always drops from that 100% to about 88%. If I leave it alone at that point, it will continue to lose charge at about 25-30% each day, till it gets down to about 25% in 3 days, at which point I have to recharge it. It always does this if I just leave it alone. Very frustrating! The very minor extra step of topping it off with the computer after that first overnight drop to about 88% stops the drain in its tracks and it behaves normally from then on. Weird or what?

Have you ever tried this that I found on the B&N comment thread

Quote:
Try charging your Nook in sleep mode (for 3-4 hours). After charging, completely shut down the nook, then power it back up. This is the only thing that's worked for me.
It might be worth trying that the next few times that you need to recharge, it's simple to do and only takes a minute or two to power up again.
kevn57 is offline   Reply With Quote