Thread: Content Rising Kindle eBook prices.
View Single Post
Old 10-06-2010, 05:38 AM   #13
thinkpad
David
thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thinkpad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, E.Edge (sold), Irex Iliad (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
But are they overpriced? Let's take Mr. Follet's book; I would guess that it's going to take even the very fastest reader at least 10h to read. It costs $20, so that's $2 per hour. Do you honestly think that is too much to pay for good quality entertainment? It's far cheaper than practically any other form of entertainment that I can think of.
I agree with you Harry. $20 for a book like Fall of the Giants doesn't strike me as expensive. It is however a bit strange for the e-book to cost more than the paperback. The price difference is however negligible in this case and would not deter me from getting the e-book.
In fact I'm glad to hold my kindle instead of a brick-size book.
thinkpad is offline   Reply With Quote