View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 06:30 PM   #70
mdp
Wizard
mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mdp ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoko22 View Post
You guys speak of 300dpi restrained to 100dpi, that's 3 times less, wouldn't we see a big difference while watching those video compared to an A5 ?
I would say that's actually 9 times as few, or 8 times less. (It's one third linearly, but the display's a surface.)

To get visual proofs, you should find frames of a rendering of a string in colour (instead of black), and that of pdf renderings. It depends on where the two renderers, 300dpi colour-agnostic and 100dpi colour conscious, trigger. Frames should be found showing the two.

Considering the picture I have taken, it seems clear that Kaleido cannot show a black string, then a red string, then a(ny random) #rgb string, at the same resolution. The black one can always be 300dpi, above the mélange background. To build one in colour it has to take pieces from a 3x3 matrix.

(In fact, I do not understand why Kaleido has not used an RG/BW scheme, picking from a 2x2.)

Basically: if it renders any raster at 100dpi and any vector at 300dpi, then it's fine. If it actually does that. If the software applications or libraries used (e.g. Librera, android.webkit.WebView etc.) allow it or play along with it. And it seems to me pretty much certain that, for example, it will not be able to display high resolution strings in colour.

Last edited by mdp; 05-27-2020 at 06:42 PM.
mdp is offline   Reply With Quote