View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 03:28 PM   #69
Yoko22
Yoko22 began at the beginning.

Device: Hisense A5C
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
That is good to know. So there should be no such thing as "you cannot install applications" on it (I cannot at the moment search for the exact quotes).

My method is safe in the regard, that you can build your own repository of applications, and the right versions, so you can fulfill the basic hope of "having them", and of being able to install even if you happened to have no Internet (which is not granted infrastructure), and you can install the version that you deem more appropriate (and there could be loads of examples: this one introduced effects that would make Timothy Leary scream, that one introduced a decupleton of adware, thot one removed all the features and only left a button with a small 'MINIMALISM' label at the bottom...)

I hope you tried the emotion of installing Orux Maps on it, load some map in offline-mode (as per the note just above), turn the GPS on and take some good walk in some well chosen area... ; )

(EDIT: Which would be one of the reasons why the colour e-ink phone kind of makes me wonder if... But - I am trying to understand how colour is managed - if the resolution is purposely downgraded, 300dpi to 100dpi, in the wrong parts of the rendering, an ugly mess could result. It should be seen, high definition pictures would be needed)
I'm no expert with resolution but if the resolution would be a problem due to the colors wouldn't we see it in the different video online?
You guys speak of 300dpi restrained to 100dpi, that's 3 times less, wouldn't we see a big difference while watching those video compared to an A5 ?
I'm haven't compared directly but it seems the same, what do you guys think , especially those who already have a A5?
Yoko22 is offline   Reply With Quote