View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 02:07 PM   #63
Question Mark
Wizard
Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Question Mark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: More than I need, but not as many as I would like.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdp View Post
I install applications on my devices with
`adb install myapplication.apk`
and no other method really. And many of my devices have never seen the light of the Internet - which is no hindrance to software installation.
This is supposed to work right? The Hisense products have a developer mode, and the ability to install software, like all the rest of Android devices [I ever tried], right?
Although I haven't used that method to install third party apps, it should work. There is very definitely a Developer Mode and the device works much like any other Android tablet or phone which I have ever used.

I've simply used places like F-Droid to install the apps I need. Very easy to do, but perhaps not quite as safe as your method. However, my A5 is very seldom ever connected to the internet, nor used much as a phone. I got it mainly as an ultra portable ereader and now use it much more than my Onyx devices unless I am reading a PDF.
Question Mark is offline   Reply With Quote