View Single Post
Old 12-02-2019, 03:16 PM   #11
pazos
cosiņeiro
pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pazos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BQ Cervantes 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by stumped View Post
The only route I see to a good update to android cc happening is if the current dev quits or is fired.

If he can't see how to monetize it, he won't do it, and if he thinks he can monetize it he will probably break it like with IOS
As I understand it the new dev is the copyright holder of the CC assets that were created by Multipie (the company behind this app). If he quits he can sell the assets to somebody else but I doubt it.

The whole CC brand has lost part of the value because the behaviour of the new "CEO". It can be economically viable during a few years and he can, probably, recover the money he spent buying the assets on the first place.

From the POV of the user there's nothing to do. Things are cristal clear: there's no incentive for the new owner to improve the software, technically speaking, so he's trying to push the mockup agenda and implement a few aesthetic changes to make clients happy and willing to pay a monthly subscription.

I'm happy with current CC for Android (I was happy on IOS too until the last update, now switched to Libreca). If the monthly subscription reaches android I will release an opensource alternative which would implement a subset of what current CC does, as a minimum viable product for everybody.
pazos is offline   Reply With Quote