View Single Post
Old 11-15-2017, 04:27 AM   #6
bob_obo
Enthusiast
bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.bob_obo is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek87 View Post
hi readers, i hope to get some feedback as i await my refurbished 1st generation Oasis from Amazon after finding that the new Oasis turns out to be uncomfortable for me to hold with one hand in bed (i lie on my back while holding it over my face/neck...not purely upside dow, but at a slight angle form vertical)
The old oasis won't help you here, its not the weight but the shape which makes it unsuited to hold like this. Rather than nestling in your palm, its constantly falling towards you - i found the voyage, or even the paperwhite to be more comfortable to hold like this. If you sit up a bit in bed, both oasis (oases?) feel fine, although the older lighter one is even easier to hold.

That said, i had no problem with the lighting, the battery life was never an issue to me (i never ran out of battery part way through a three hour reading session). I did very occasionally have an issue with the charging cover not connecting however.
bob_obo is offline   Reply With Quote