View Single Post
Old 10-24-2008, 03:19 AM   #9
Falbe Publishing
Gadget Slave
Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Falbe Publishing ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS505SC
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMikeD View Post
As I understand it, the publisher and Amazon agree to a "list" price and the portion of that amount that each receives. Amazon is free to sell the book at any price they wish, as long as the publisher gets the agreed-on fixed amount. The discount comes entirely out of Amazon's portion. Amazon can give the book away, as long as they pay the publisher their cut.
I can confirm this. I've been an Amazon Advantage seller since late 2004. As the publisher I set a retail price for my products and Amazon pays me a predetermined percentage of this retail price. If Amazon sells at a sale price, it's their business, but it does not effect my cut.

However, I have not closely read the seller agreement for the Kindle products, so I cannot 100% attest to the case being exactly the same. It's seems it would have to be a similar deal though. I'm still debating about whether to make my titles available as ebooks at Amazon, but that's another subject.
Falbe Publishing is offline   Reply With Quote