View Single Post
Old 01-25-2013, 11:30 AM   #84
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
I agree the idea of consolidated IPTV is difficult. That's why it hasn't been done. Who has any sliver of a chance to get it done? Apple, Amazon, maybe a couple of others (Sony? As if they'd be trusted as a central agency).

When that article says, "They can digitally record a show to watch later, access streaming content from sources like Hulu or Netflix, get premium sports or movie content via subscriptions stacked onto their cable bundle and so on. " That is exactly the opportunity. It is annoying to switch between multiple content providers -- Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, Redbox, CBS.com, my cable company, etcetera. Beyond switching the feeds, we don't get any consoldated listings and we can't easily set a DVR for the mixture.

I used the last generation smart TV's (as of a year ago). The use of apps is still not a unifying experience.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote