View Single Post
Old 10-17-2012, 06:05 PM   #108
tompe
Grand Sorcerer
tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tompe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, Nexus 5, Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilotikus View Post
One of the great promises with e-books is that the price of books will be much, much lower than paperbacks. It's obvious really - a typical e-book is little more than a large web page. The price of production (excluding the writing) is practically nothing when compared the the long assembly line of producing a paper book. This begins in the forest growing then cutting down cut down trees, the cost of a designer, printing, transport costs as the book is moved from place to place to end up in a shop and finally bought or posted out to you.

However I've been dismayed at how little this big difference has been reflected in the pricing of e-books generally. This is a massive rip off of customers, insulting to their intelligence that they don't notice.

I want e-books to be sold at a price that reflects their true value. Because of that I would not pay more than a paper book for an e-book because if sellers can get these grossly inflated prices they will do.
And the cost of paper book production is practically nothing compared to the cost of writing and producing the finished text.
tompe is offline   Reply With Quote