View Single Post
Old 04-19-2012, 05:40 AM   #11
ilovejedd
hopeless n00b
ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ilovejedd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW4, PW3, Libra H2O, iPad 10.5, iPad 11, iPad 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I do the same. I have an old school flip phone (Samsung). I then pretend I have a data plan and save the $30 I'd have to pay each month. That gives me $360 each year to spend on tech gadgets.

My Tech Fund allows me to update my gadgets on a regular basis without straining my budget.
I cancelled cable TV instead ($100/mo savings) and switched landline from Vonage ($35/month with taxes) to Nettalk (~$35/year with taxes). I don't get easy access to wifi when away from home and data/internet access on my mobile is something I'm not willing to sacrifice. Have to say, the savings on the cable bill easily paid for outfitting each TV in the house with an HTPC and I now have more than $1000 extra tech fund every year.

Frankly, if I didn't use cellular data a lot, I'd just switch to pay as you go prepaid (typically around $0.10/min). Given my usage, I'd be spending less than $10 per month on calls.

Last edited by ilovejedd; 04-19-2012 at 05:45 AM.
ilovejedd is offline   Reply With Quote