View Single Post
Old 11-25-2011, 12:45 PM   #15
l..k
Enthusiast
l..k began at the beginning.

Device: k3
I can see, I was *away* for a few days

I am in EU and didn't even know that we have the phone earlier than US, but anyway, the same was with iPhone - the first release is where the company HQ is.

Answering some questions from this thread:
Yes, there is a 'pop-up' note, happened to appear a few times but honestly I do not know how I did that I googled for the know-how without success. I just have an idea that maybe it works only with apps from 'Samsung choice' store. Will check that

There is 'Readers Hub' preinstalled which integrates Kobo reader and some newspaper publisher. I do not use it anyway. Right now I am testing which app works best for me. 'FBReader' and 'blio Reader' seems to be the winers.

There is 'Polaris office' preinstalled, very handy, works pretty fast and I did not see any incompatibility with MS Office documents.

I got used to 'Dolphin web browser'. Many people complain on Android store that it is sluggish, but believe me it's not true on this phone The user defined gestures and variety of pluggins make it being really awesome.

Well finally, the size and weight is definitely the best of all my gadgets (iPad, kindle 3, psp). I live in urban area with LTE coverage in most places so I do not even see any difference when I am at home within WiFi or outdoors. I finally feel that I do not waste the 40min commute to work anymore, I come to the office having already checked all the morning news

The battery life lasts one day for me - which means using ~5 h web browsing on LTE. Well, it's not completely drained after one day, but will not last full two days... I have to check if forcing EDGE transimission could save power or not using the stylus, maybe Wacom drains much of the battery. However I do not expect miracle, it's obvious that the big screen consumes the most. It would be just good to know.
l..k is offline   Reply With Quote