View Single Post
Old 04-10-2008, 06:22 PM   #43
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbs View Post
So are you two saying that generally speaking a person could read borrowed library pdf files on a smaller screen like some kind of hand held pc? I really thought you needed a large screen like a laptop, and this is good to know if I'm understanding correctly. I keep wondering why in the world libraries would choose only pdf files when they're so very not portable, but apparently they are portable. Yes?

'Course, now I can add it to the list of things the cybook ought to be able to do.
Reflow is a good and essential feature of PDF but is not very well supported outside of Adobe. (The only product outside of Adobe that I know that can reflow a PDF is PalmPDF). Is does let you read PDF files on smaller devices. On PPC devices the reader itself is about 8 Meg so it is a complicated program. However it is not perfect. It sometimes really messes up when images are merged into the text but in those cases you can temporarily turn reflow off and pan around in the data to read it. Reflow will not work at all if the eBook is made of images such as books made from scanned images often are.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote