View Single Post
Old 05-30-2011, 12:21 PM   #44
kiwidude
Calibre Plugins Developer
kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kiwidude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackie_w View Post
I was not really thinking of automated decision-making by the plugin, just a user decision on an epub by epub basis. The first a user may know of the problem is when they try and read it on the device. The plugin would give them an option to correct and resend. I was thinking of it being targetted at less technical 'non-tweaking' users who aren't comfortable with the surgical approach.
I'm pretty ignorant about the xpgt files and their purpose so forgive my dumb questions on this, but I want to make sure I have this right.

Does an xpgt file override css? So if you see an ePub squashed against the sides and you want to adjust it, you are saying that modifying the xpgt file will always "fix" the issue, regardless of what css is or is not present?

What if the ePub has no xpgt file? Would this function then be expected to generate and add an xpgt file to the ePub?
kiwidude is offline   Reply With Quote