View Single Post
Old 04-26-2011, 07:20 PM   #34
grumpy3b
Banned
grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.grumpy3b is less competitive than you.

Device: Kindle 2 (x2), Kindle 1, a couple old PDAs
Quote:
Originally Posted by RockdaMan View Post
Battery failure/replacement is not a monthly (probably not yearly either) occurence. You'd manage.

Or you can cart around the heavier, thicker device.
And yet when you travel there is zero ability to replace a depleted battery. This is a MOBILE device. And it seems you do not take into account that in a year or so the battery will be around 70% of new capacity depending on use/charging patterns. Nope I expect to be able to have extra batteries on hand when I need them. EPD devices do not really fit into this category but I am still quite disappointed that Amazon chose to remove the access to the battery which was present on the K1. That device to me was perfectly designed save for the buttons on the side pressing outward and that actually had a pretty frustrating keyboard. On the K2 series they got the nav buttons right and sort of whiffed on the keyboard but I rarely use it anyway. But I just never have felt as pleased with the Kindles since we lost the ability to swap batteries on the fly.

Just where would one find a receptacle on a pack fishing trip that stays around 9K-10K ft? And forget taking something like a slate device on which to read. Now Toshiba gets it, business users and those who actually use the beasts as mobile devices will appreciate this return to sanity by at least one brand.

But feel free to go fondle your petite "sub-half-incher". I'm sure it at least makes you happy and that is all that matters, right?
grumpy3b is offline   Reply With Quote