View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 07:08 PM   #28
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Bonjour

Je viens d'obtenir une réponse détaillée du développeur de writer2latex (et notamment de W2X -raccourci proposé pour Writer2xhtml-)

Pour l'essentiel, il s'agit de bonnes nouvelles que je m'empresse de vous faire partager.

La voici, en italiques:

Thanks for your positive feedback! See my comments inline.

Roger : We now only need Sigil for adding metadata. I have read that this meta-data writing is planned on your roadmap.

Yes, I already support almost all EPUB meta data, but I haven't done the user interface yet. Currently you have to edit the user defined properties in OOo directly (see the help file). The user interface is coming soon...

1. Your 1.1.6 release seems to have a small regression when displaying tables compared to 1.1.5 which was fine. On my PRS-505, I can see tables displayed on the left half of the screen, though these tables created with OO were explicitly conceived to use 98% of the screen’s width

I will have a look at this. There should be no changes for tables between 1.1.5 and 1.1.6, but there might be a side effect of some other changes.

2. The main thing we would miss is wider support for % for displaying images and use of em for stylesheet, so that our CSS could work on every available screen. I know it’s not a possibility that OpenOffice offers out of the box but maybe your conversion tool could find a way.

I will think about this, maybe the page width could be used to calculate relative sizes.

3. The «Relative font size» box has to be ticked. If not, we get a fixed size EPUB, which is not very much used.. I think the default option should have this box already ticked.

O.k., makes sense.

- styles could be created on an external stylesheet for the epub

If you mean that I should generate a separate styles.css file this is planned too.

- obtain for the cover image a "max-width:100%;height:100%"

I don't really support cover images yet, but of course I'm aware that EPUB documents usually contain a cover image which I should support somehow.

Last edited by roger64; 02-16-2011 at 07:21 PM.
roger64 is online now   Reply With Quote