View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 12:50 AM   #2
Liviu_5
Books and more books
Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.Liviu_5 juggles neatly with hedgehogs.

Device: Nook Color, Itouch, Nokia770, Sony 650, Sony 700(dead), Ebk(given)
I do not think that inability to resell e-books is a big issue overall, since very rarely you get good prices on used books these days (I sold 3 or 4 through Amazon marketplace that were rarer and I made about 10-15$ each, but I've done it for psychological reasons, namely that I had 2 editions, or that someone was advertising one of those books for 80$ used lowest price and it annoyed me, so I put mine for 19.99$; the hassle of buying envelopes, packing, shipping is not worth those money for me)

The Kindle issue is that azw books are locked

The high price of e-books issue is that people in general will not pay that kind of money for e-content. I do pay 15$ for baen e-arcs and occasionally 10-15$ for a new e-book that tempts me, mostly form BooksOnBoard lit, but the currently proven fact is that most people do not pay that much money for e-content; 15$ for a bunch of electrons, you gotta be kidding me - is a frequent comment
Liviu_5 is offline   Reply With Quote