Thread: FB2 creation
View Single Post
Old 09-05-2009, 03:15 AM   #13
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mneme View Post
BookDesigner is a nice tool, but I found when I was using it (about a year ago) it occasionally messed up tags so the file wouldn't validate. It was particularly prone to errors when creating endnotes. Are you able to use BookDesigner to create a valid file with endnotes without a tag mess these days?
I only use Book Designer to convert HTML to FB2 for fiction novels and I do not care about TOCs or EndNotes, so I have not noticed the problems that you mention. Book Designer is no longer maintained, so I doubt that any of it's short comings will ever be fixed, and that is why a currently maintained tool like OOoFBTools interested me. But without installation and usage documentation in a language that I can read it is a bit out of my reach to use. I have looked at the OOoFBTools PDF documentation and can see that it is full of illustrations about the use of OOoFBTools, but the text accompanying the illustrations are unreadable to me. I suppose that I could use Google Language Tools to translate the text, but I have not gotten that energetic yet.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote