View Single Post
Old 08-30-2017, 03:47 PM   #34
Solitaire1
Samurai Lizard
Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Solitaire1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NookColor
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catlady View Post
Chipmunk chatter is what it sounds like to me. I can't deal with bumping up the speed, anymore than I can fast-forward through a movie. I've tried a couple of times when I'm considering a 30+ hour book, but it doesn't work for me. Maybe if the Clip Zip had some reasonable incremental increases ...
I'm late to the discussion but I will join in. My Walkman (NWZ-A17) has a x1.1 speed increment for speed increase which is what I sometimes use when listening to audiobooks and podcasts. My player has the following speed adjustments: x0.5, x0.75, x0.9, x0, x1.1, x1.25, x1.5, x1.75, and x2.0.

While it does decrease the amount of time spent listening to the audiobook/podcast, I find the pitch increase is not noticeable unless I look for it (according to website the player adjusts the pitch electronically to avoid the Chipmunk Effect when adjusting the speed). However, I usually avoid a listening speed faster than x1.25 because sometimes the words almost sound like they bump together when listening to it.
Solitaire1 is offline   Reply With Quote