View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 09:34 PM   #70
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I don't want to argue, either. And I am anti iThing so I can understand your sentiment! The reason I brought up the point I did, is because, the Kindle is a fine piece of hardware. Yes you can use it without ever registering it. Whether Amazon knows if one liberates a book or not is immaterial, I don't really think they care....and also immaterial if one does not use the wifi on the device. (And no way would they be able to prove where I got the liberated book).

The other thing I was trying to say is that I have had fewer problems with my kindles than with my Sony T1. (Of course that is only my personal and limited experience).

I do feel that the Sony is more open than any of the big name ereaders. I know that you can't even USE the Nook without registering it. I would be far more afraid to use one of those than a Kindle. And the Kobo, never tried one but heard of all the problems. The Kindle Paperwhite has a fantastic screen and light....if Sony would start selling a product like that, I would probably buy one!

I honestly think that this French interview or whatever has no basis in fact. My opinion. But until SONY comes out with news one way or the other, NO one really knows what they are going to do.

IF they release a Sony with Kindle's screen and similar light, and an SD card slot, that would definitely make it superior to the Kindle. Right now I think the Paperwhite is superior to the other major brands.

Hopefully we will be able to put custom fonts on it....if they do in fact release a new model....which is not yet showing up in my crystal ball. Crossing my fingers....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Man Eating Duck View Post
On the other hand I doubt that many people frequenting the Sony subforum are unaware of the Kindle, so there must be other issues at play. I seriously don't want to turn this thread into a religious war, but I do think it's pertinent to address the question "Why not buy a Paperwhite" in this context. It's a good question.

And now, back to our scheduled discussion of unsubstantiated rumours about a possible new Sony device
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote