View Single Post
Old 04-13-2013, 01:20 PM   #62
VelvetElvis
Addict
VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.VelvetElvis can self-interpret dreams as they happen.

Device: Fire HD8, Asus, Sony (T1, PRS-300), Kobo (Glo, Touch, Wireless)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskariot View Post
Yep, that is one of the reasons why Sony will lose the battle in the long run. It is a shame and completely unnecessary because they had so many advantages going for them. But Sony decided to let it go.

I struggled for many months not to switch to another brand, desperately waiting for some news from Sony's ereader department. I extremely disappointed that in the end Sony gave me no other choice. They are just to slow to catch up to what is going on in the ereader universe. Just compare the hardware specs of current Sony readers with the Onyx Boox i62 Firefly (I got the 8Gb storage version with 256 Mb system RAM).
Agreed.

Bought my girlfriend a Glo at xmas, and the light is amazing. Sadly, there's an ongoing, unresolved issue with battery drain (unrelated to the light), that I'm waiting to see resolved. It's only triggered under certain circumstances, but if they get that ironed out, and if Sony does NOT come out with a lighted model, I will abandon Sony and move to Kobo myself.

Sad, really, as I've loved my two Sonys, and they've just simply worked. Kobo has a long history of numerous bug/patch cycles that Sony has never had, and I'd prefer to stay with Sony. My next reader WILL be front-lit - it's just a matter of whose I will buy.
VelvetElvis is offline   Reply With Quote