View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 09:21 PM   #13
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
Just looked at the video and it looks like garbage. Seriously, what is that, a 256 color display in a world surrounded by 16 million color displays. And it looked like it was operating rather slowly too. I think they should take that garbage to the dump and bury it. No one would want that crap today, except for a few people who still think eInk is all the rage.
Yep, I couldn't see wanting a monitor with color like that shown in the video. Be rather useless for image editing, which I do a lot of.

Only if they could develop this to be equivalent to the 16 million color displays would it likely appeal to the average person, because that's the kind of color the average person is used to and wants to see now. Very few would pay for lackluster color simply because their battery charge would last longer.

There are plenty of people who find e-ink easier on the eyes for extended use, I'm one of them. *IF* the technology could be brought to be the equivalent of modern color displays, I'd be HIGHLY interested. Until then, not so much. The truth is that, other than the cover, most books I read don't need or use color. Those that do, such as illustrated cookbooks or art books, I can use on a tablet or at least use a tablet to see the color content, then go back to e-ink for the text.

Sent from my Pixel C using Tapatalk
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote