View Single Post
Old 05-11-2017, 12:39 PM   #7
graycyn
Wizard
graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.graycyn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Kindle Oasis 2, Sony PRS-T2
Even if they did get it in production, knowing Amazon, it would only be with a 6" screen. For those few books that might actually need color, I expect the quality of the color would be better on a tablet.

Could also be troubles with producing it at a cost people would accept. Remember, such a device would be competing with existing Kindle Fire tablets. While I prefer to read on e-ink, lots of folks have absolutely no trouble with doing their reading on existing tablet and smartphone displays.

Before it could replace the displays on tablets and smartphones, I think the color rendition would have to be much better. Though maybe less power consumption would outweigh that, but I wouldn't be certain!

As for a monitor, I could LOVE that application, but only if color was true. Anyway, be nice if it does come to something, but it could take time.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Last edited by graycyn; 05-11-2017 at 01:04 PM.
graycyn is offline   Reply With Quote