View Single Post
Old 10-14-2017, 05:49 PM   #51
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Alumin(i)um won't work - it'll need to be a ferromagnetic metal like steel. I had this problem with a case I used on a Kobo H2O: folding back the case would put the reader to sleep. I solved it by cutting a 3cm square from the lid of a tin of soup, wrapping it in tissue paper to stop it from scratching, and putting it between the case and the back of the reader, so the when the cover was folded back, the steel plate was between the magnet and the device. Worked perfectly!
Yes, thanks, been there with another cover, think it was a third-party cover for one of the kindles, and started to do that with this one, but since the reader itself isn't working properly, they both need to go back.

Anyone wanting to try it, check the location of the magnet in the reader with a small magnet before placing the metal in the cover. It's not in the same place as most I've seen.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote